The evidence of climate change is getting stronger with every passing year. Extremes of weather patterns are becoming more frequent. The once in a hundred years events are now being re-classified as once in a decade.
Here are some simple ways you can do to help and to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Unplug or turn off mobile phone chargers and other devices when not in use;
- Don’t leave TV, Computer, Games Consoles, etc on standby;
- Replace ordinary bulbs with L.E.D types;
- Turn off lights when leaving a room unattended or have automatic movement detection type;
- Turn down heating by one degree;
- Don’t have air-conditioning and heating on at the same time;
- Reduce water consumption by installing dual flush toilets;
- Don’t wash/rinse items under running water;
- Walk or cycle where possible;
- If you must drive, then drive a low CO2 type of vehicle or better still an electric or hybrid
- If you need to attend meetings at other organisations, then car share.
Measure your carbon footprint using a calculator. Here is a free to use one