We attended a trade day at Farnborough on Friday 20th July and it was a spectacular event. Hosted by ADS Group (Aircraft/Defence/Space). The show organisation was faultless and thoroughly enjoyable.
ADS reported the following successes:
- US $192bn in deals were announced, up by $67.5bn on the 2016 Airshow.
- Our most international show yet with around 100 countries in attendance.
- More than 80,000 trade visits through the gates.
- The first FIA with new Hall 1 facility
- 2,000+ visitors in our FINN theatres
In the afternoon there were the flying displays with of course the WW2 memorial flight of a Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster, Red Arrows, a daredevil display by a Red Bull team, the Harrier Jump-Jet and demonstrations of civil aircraft capabilities.
We made some very useful connections but realised that the vastness of the show couldn’t be covered in a single day. It was a very good day.
The public days at the weekend were very well attended with the added advantage of fine and dry weather, a stark contrast from 2016 when day one had to be abandoned because of heavy rain and thunderstorms
Consultancy, Quality Matters Limited.