21st February 2007
Here are some simple ways to reduce your carbon footprint; the added bonus is that it will save you a considerable amount of cash:
- Unplug or turn off mobile phone chargers when not in use;
- Don’t leave TV, Computer, DVD players, etc on standby;
- Replace ordinary bulbs with low energy fluorescent types;
- Turn off lights when leaving a room unattended;
- Turn down heating by one degree;
- Don’t have air-conditioning and heating on at the same time;
- Reduce water consumption by installing dual flush toilets;
- Don’t wash/rinse items under running water;
- Walk or cycle where possible;
- If you must drive, then drive a low CO2 type of vehicle or better still a hybrid.
This will help save the planet and help your bank balance.
The official blog for independent Management Training
Consultancy, Quality Matters Limited.